It’s a small, slightly rounded but still quite square box, with clicky buttons with no audible rattling sound when you shake it. Battery compartment is at the bottom, with a slide-on door with magnets. No USB port to be seen, so no on-board charging, and no future upgrades to the chip or software. The finish is quite slippery, so it’s a good thing they included stickers with some texture to them for the side panels.
It’s really small compared to other dual battery 18650 mods; see picture comparison with an iStick 100W.
What’s in the box?
- 1x iJoy Asolo 200w
- 1x Ego adaptor (a little unsure as to why, but hey)
- 1x Warranty Card
- 1x User Manual
- 2x Stickers (for the side panels)
- 1x Silicone sleeve (colors may vary)
Around 0,2 ohms is where you have to be to get it to this range. (See Pbusardos review on youtube for more numbers) The compatible resistance ranges are quite standard, see above.
So, you put in your standard coil, whether it’s a tank or an RDA. Make sure it’s well saturated and give it a few puffs on your preferred wattage in regular wattage mode. Several puffs of at least 2 seconds are required for the device to “learn” your preferred vaping style. Now you can adjust your percentage to regulate the device from hotter to cooler if you like. It goes from 80-110% of your original wattage from when you were training the device. If you have issues with the device cutting off way too early, put it back in wattage mode and give it some more training. So, not really temperature control as we know it, where you set your temp and puff away, but it kind of works. It seems, the more you train the device, the better the taste control function works. Under testing, I managed to burn my cotton at least a couple of times, but mostly just to test, as I would re-drip or re-fill long before normally. Also, the more time you give the device time to learn, the better it performs. I’ve tested the taste control function on SS316L, and it seems to work even better with that material, it could be because it changes resistance a lot more than kanthal, but this is pure speculation from my side. One gripe I have with the device is its coil detection function; it’s just a bit on the sensitive side. This results in the device asking you if you installed a new coil every other minute if you use a material that changes its resistance. Not a big deal, but if you mindlessly try to vape without checking the display, you might be surprised by the lack of vapor.
- Small size (especially for a dual 18650)
- Temperature control for Ni and Ti plus Taste Control
- Clear, easy to read display
- Nice spring loaded 510 connection
- The mod itself has sharpish edges.
- Ask if it’s a new coil a bit too frequently
- 5-press on/off can be a bit inaccurate
- No USB-charging or firmware upgrade capabilities
Big thanks to gearbest.com for sending this box for review.
- All my reviews are my (or my guest-reviewer's) honest opinion even if I am affiliated with the company manufacturing or selling the product.
- The device was sent to me free of charge for the purpose of this review.
- This review does not contain affiliate links.